School Uniform Policy
St John’s school colours are red, white and grey. We encourage all children to wear school uniform. It
is practical and smart, and provides the children with a sense of belonging, community and pride in
The children wear the following items:
(N.B. All items are required unless stated as optional)
- Grey trousers, shorts, skirts or pinafore dress as appropriate
- Red and white striped or checked summer dress (optional)
- White shirt, blouse or polo shirt
- White or red school polo shirt with school logo [logo item optional, available to order from Kitz UK]
- Red school sweatshirt or cardigan and/or red school fleece with school logo [available to order from Kitz UK]
- Grey, white or black socks or tights as appropriate
- Black flat sensible school shoes [no trainers please]
It is important for health and safety reasons that children change for PE sessions and we recommend that all children should have a PE bag containing the following items:
- Black shorts
- White school PE T-shirt: school logo T-shirt optional [available to order from Kitz UK]
- Black plimsolls/trainers
- A spare pair of socks
Other optional items available from the School office:
- Red school baseball caps and legionnaires’ caps
- Red school book bags
- Red school PE bags
All uniform with the school logo can be purchased from our supplier Kitz UK by following the link below
Kitz UK will deliver uniform to school on the third Friday of each month during term time, or you can choose to have home delivery, but this will incur a delivery charge. The next delivery to school will be Friday 15th December 2023. Please feel free to come into the school office to view samples.
Non-logo uniform can be purchased from any uniform supplier.
We do not encourage the wearing of jewellery in school for health and safety reasons, although simple stud earrings are permitted. These will need to be covered with tape or a plaster during PE lessons.
Watches are also acceptable providing they are not of the ‘novelty’ kind that could detract from learning!
Please could parents ensure that every item of their child’s clothing is clearly named. Iron-on or sew-in name tapes are best, as biro fades very quickly after washing!! Lost, un-named property is stored in the Lost Property Box in school: parents are welcome to search for any lost items in this box at the start or end of the school day: please enquire at the School Office should you need to do this. N.B. The Lost Property box is emptied half termly owing to the volume of unclaimed items that can build up over time.
Shoulder length hair should be tied back: this is for reasons of health, safety and practicality.